First, a word from Eurasia Group's founder and president, Ian Bremmer:
Most things don't work, who cares? Most things that you try, most things I've tried, haven't worked.
Every year, we bring on recent graduates to gain hands-on training. Here's your chance to work side-by-side with seasoned experts employing advanced analysis at the intersection of politics and business.
The role of a researcher within the Political Risk Training Program (PRTP) is unique and exciting. You'll be assigned to a research team and interact closely with our lead analysts on their coverage. You'll provide research support, including basic primary and secondary source information-gathering, as well as general administrative assistance to the team. The program also includes a formal training component, focusing on key issues in the preparation and presentation of political risk analysis.
The PRTP provides full-time employment for one year, with the possibility of returning for a second year. Researchers are assigned to New York, Washington, or London. All candidates must have US and/or UK work authorization.
Candidates must have:
- a bachelor's degree in political science, regional studies, or economics (master's graduates may be considered if work experience is minimal—this is an entry-level opportunity)
- deep knowledge, some in-country experience, and foreign language fluency of the relevant country or sub-region (if applicable)
- a strong interest in the interaction between politics and financial markets
- the ability to exercise independent judgment when evaluating relevant data
- comfort working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that requires critical thinking, solid writing skills, and concise argumentation