Featured speakers include Kishida Fumio, prime minister of Japan; Hayashi Yoshimasa, minister for foreign affairs of Japan; Kono Taro, minister for digital transformation of Japan; Koike Yuriko, governor of Tokyo; Niinami Takeshi, CEO, Suntory Holdings; Hayashi Nobumitsu, governor, Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC); and Rebecca Fatima Maria, executive director, Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC).
TOKYO, 15 September 2022
– Eurasia Group is proud to announce its 6th annual GZERO Summit, taking place on 28 September at The Capitol Hotel Tokyu. Reconvening in-person for the first time since 2019, the GZERO Summit is a forum for political and corporate thought leaders to discuss the most important issues affecting global business strategies.
The summit will convene over 150 top business and policy leaders from Japan and around the world—featuring bespoke panels on the state of the GZERO world, Japan's role within it, global trade and supply chains, market strategies in a new era of global geoeconomics, the future of sustainable investing, and innovation against the backdrop of growing geo-technology risks.
Kishida Fumio, the prime minister of Japan, will kick off the summit at 9:30 am JST with video remarks, followed by Koike Yuriko, governor of Tokyo.
Eurasia Group's founder and president Ian Bremmer will deliver his highly anticipated “State of the World” speech, which will describe how the latest geopolitical events around the globe are reshaping elections, policy priorities, and economic trends.
Additional confirmed speakers at the GZERO Summit include:
- Hayashi Yoshimasa, minister for foreign affairs, Japan
- Kono Taro, minister for digital transformation, Japan
- Niinami Takeshi, CEO, Suntory Holdings Limited
- Hayashi Nobumitsu, governor, JBIC
- Rebecca Fatima Maria, executive director, APEC
- Miyazono Masataka, president, Government Pension Investment Fund
- Nakaso Hiroshi, chairman, Daiwa Institute of Research Ltd
- Kimura Koichiro, PwC Japan Group chairman
- Akash Shah, chief growth officer of BNY Mellon
for the full agenda and a complete list of speakers.
Registrants can view the entire summit live and on VOD at www.gzerosummit.com
Bremmer will host an in-person press conference following his State of the World speech at 12 pm JST. Registered journalists will be able to ask questions about his speech and other geopolitical matters.
For Journalists: To register and attend the summit in person and/or request access to the live stream, please email [email protected]
The 2022 GZERO Summit in Japan is supported by PwC, BNY Mellon, Keidanren, Keizai Doyukai, and Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
About Eurasia Group:
Eurasia Group is the world's leading global political risk research and consulting firm. By providing information and insight on how political developments move markets, we help clients anticipate and respond to instability and opportunities everywhere they invest or do business. Our expertise includes developed and developing countries in every region of the world, specific economic sectors, and the business and investment playing fields of the future. With our best-in-class advisory and consulting offerings and GZERO Media, the Eurasia Group umbrella provides the marketplace with a complete political risk solution. Headquartered in New York, we have offices in Washington, London, San Francisco, Brasilia, Sao Paulo, Singapore, and Tokyo, as well as on-the-ground experts and resources in more than a hundred countries. "Politics first” grounds our work: Politics is the lens through which we view the world, and we are committed to analysis that is free of political bias and the influence of private interests.
Associate Director of Communications
Eurasia Group / GZERO Media