Eurasia Group provides the marketplace with a comprehensive and integrated set of political risk solutions. Our clients range from macro hedge funds to institutional investors, from family businesses to the world's largest multinational corporations. What they all share is a desire to better manage the risks and opportunities that flow from politics.
We take a structured approach to understanding these challenges. We provide our clients with both qualitative and quantitative tools to anticipate and manage political risks, and to profit from them. Our multi-faceted approach allows us to adapt to the rapidly evolving world of geopolitics.
Eurasia Group is seeking an experienced and distinguished China political economy expert to serve as a research director of our China practice. We are looking for candidates with range and the ability to bring out the political context in at least one of several areas of China policy: foreign policy, industrial policy, regulatory dynamics, trade and investment, and the treatment of foreign firms. The premium is on understanding how elite politics, bureaucratic dynamics and leadership objectives impact practical outcomes in these and other areas. This role can be based in our New York, Washington DC or London office.
More specifically, in this role, you will do:
- Assess the political drivers and implications of political, security and economic developments in China of relevance to Eurasia Group’s financial, corporate, and government clients.
- Operate at high functional levels and perform in-depth research under tight deadlines, writing both short analyses and longer papers.
- Interface with senior executive clients
- Collaborate with our business development teams on outreach to prospective clients.
- Understand, manage and coordinate complex research projects.
- Ensure the timely delivery of high-quality research products and coordinate the activities of analysts and associates with regard to both research and business development.
- Excellent analytical and presentation (oral and written) skills.
- Ability to write in a professional, succinct style at native English standard.
- Considerable professional experience that displays both your capacity as a researcher and your knowledge of China
- An advanced degree in political science, economics, Asia studies, or another relevant discipline.
- Firm understanding of the relevance of your research to a broad range of investors and companies.
- Previous consulting experience and in-country experience is preferred.
- Fluent Mandarin Chinese skills are required.
Applications from more experienced candidates are welcome
At Eurasia Group, we strive to put politics first for our clients. This requires us to maintain a company culture that puts people first. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, empowering, and globally minded. We firmly believe that diversity in gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, cultural background, religion, disability, and age brings ideas and perspectives to the table that make our analysis stronger for our clients and make our company a better place to work for our people. Our leadership team is committed to embedding diversity and inclusion into everything we do and how we lead.