GZERO Media is seeking a Digital and Editorial Insights Analyst to support the efforts of a fast-growing US-based geopolitical news media company with platforms that reach audiences in the US (50% - 100%) as well as around the world. This position is remote and reports to the Head of Growth in NYC.
The successful digital and editorial insights analyst is is fluent in English, intellectually curious, and passionate about data analysis, news content, and insights storytelling. S/he is a strategic thinker who is meticulous, curious, and detail-oriented in audience, content, and platform analysis, as well as data reporting.
The successful candidate will be responsible for tracking audience engagement, content performance, and traffic across digital platforms - including our website and social accounts - and regularly reporting insights to internal and external stakeholders. The analyst will develop scalable tracking structures and collaborate with the Head of Growth and/or external partners on scoping and implementing data tracking, from analytics tags for more reporting insights, and events to third party code to enable insights on demographics. The analyst will deliver insightful reports to various stakeholders on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and as-needed basis.
The analyst will support multivariate testing and marketing research. The analyst’s insights will inform content creation and promotion, SEO efforts, organic and paid distribution, business planning, sales pitches, and client relationships. The ideal candidate will be an analytics rock star, fluent in web, social and video analytics, and data reporting platforms.
The insights analyst will be an essential team member in GZERO’s startup environment and will collaborate with team members on client service, platforms strategy (including the website and social media), marketing, and content development. The successful candidate will contribute to Growth team priorities outside of the primary responsibility of data insights and reporting, and will have opportunity to expand his/her impact, depending on interest, ability, and capacity.
GZERO Media is a company dedicated to providing the public with intelligent and engaging coverage of global affairs. It was created in 2017 as a subsidiary of Eurasia Group, the world’s leading political risk analysis firm. Our coverage takes many forms in digital media and broadcast television. Find us at gzeromedia.com.
Digital and Editorial Insights Analyst Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree
• Fluency in English and familiarity with colloquial American English
• Minimum 4-8 years previous experience as a data or research analyst with a publisher, with at least 3 years working with English-speaking news media content
• Keen awareness of the global digital media market, including sophisticated knowledge of US media
• Expertise in web analytics tools including Google Analytics, as well as Google Data Studio and Google Tag Manager
• Expertise with creating reports in dashboard tools, such as Power BI
• Minimum 3 years working with social media data, including Facebook Creator Studio, YouTube Creator Studio, Twitter Studio, LinkedIn Analytics; and third party social media data tools including Crowdtangle and Shareablee
• Familiarity with newsletter and podcast platforms, metrics, and reporting
• Exposure to TV data and research, such as Nielsen, is a plus
• Sophisticated understanding of content metadata and taxonomies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English language)
• Superior computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel, Powerpoint, Salesforce
Additional Skills and Attributes
• Strong analytical judgment and ability to translate data into impactful insights
• Highlt dependable, to publish and deliver reports relied upon by stakeholders with specific and regular deadlines
• Collaboration and communication: team player with ability to become trusted partner to external teams
• Ability to communicate effectively with project managers and product managers, as well as engineers and web developers
• Understanding of the sales process and sponsorship expectations
• Understanding of content creation and the editorial process; experience with CMSs and content metadata, including taxonomy
• Up-to-date on latest industry trends and tools; able to articulate trends and growth areas clearly and confidently
• Understanding of the greater US digital media landscape and GZERO’s position in the US and global markets
• Superior organizational skills, acute attention to detail and a forward planner
• Comfortable multitasking and juggling complex logistics and timelines under pressure
• A passion for geopolitics and current events is a must