1. Use of Website Information
The materials available through this website are the property of Eurasia Group, and are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. You may view, copy and print pages from the Website only (1) for personal use, provided that you maintain all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary rights or notices, (2) as a personal research resource, (3) for communicating with Eurasia Group about a company product or service, or (4) for placing an order with Eurasia Group. You may not otherwise use, reproduce, download, store, post, broadcast, transmit, modify, sell or make available to the public content from the Website without the prior written approval of Eurasia Group.
Except where expressly provided otherwise, the site, and all content, materials, and information are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Eurasia Group expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Eurasia Group makes no warranty that: (a) the site will meet your requirements; (b) the site will be available on an uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free basis. Any content, materials, information or software downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the site is done at your own discretion and risk. Eurasia Group shall have no responsibility for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any content, materials, information or software. Eurasia Group reserves the right to make changes or updates to the site at any time without notice.
3. Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Eurasia Group be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, or damages for loss of profits, revenue, data or use, incurred by you or any third party, whether in an action in contract or tort, arising from your access to, or use of, the site. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability. Accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Eurasia Group, its officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the Site.
Eurasia Group adheres to the highest standards of ethics in all its operations. We apply fundamentally sound principles in protecting Internet privacy, and do not collect or retain information from minors. The Site gathers personal information on a voluntary basis, and will be used only for internal marketing purposes. Eurasia Group will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others. Eurasia Group contracts with third-party service providers who are required to keep confidential the information received on behalf of Eurasia Group and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for us without your permission. Appropriate, industry-standard hardware, software and managerial procedures have been implemented to safeguard any and all data collected on the Site.
6. Applicable Laws
All matters relating to your access to, and use of, the Site shall be governed by U.S. federal law or the laws of the state in which the Eurasia Group' business is established.
7. Copyright & Trademark Information
www.eurasiagroup.net (“EG”) is operated by Eurasia Group Ltd. (“Eurasia Group”) (together with its partners, the “Company”). The Company understands and appreciates that website visitors are concerned about their privacy and about the confidentiality and security of information we may obtain about them online. We want you to understand the steps we have taken to safeguard the information we receive online about visitors who access or interact with the Eurasia Group web site and related services (the "EG Web Site").
What personally identifiable information is collected from you?
The Company collects information in several ways from different parts of the EG Web Site. Some personal information is gathered from clients of Eurasia Group when such clients register to use the EG Web Site. During client registration, EG asks for the name, email address and other information concerning the preferences or the client. The more information volunteered (and the more accurate it is), the better we are able to customize the experience.
The Company may also collect information from you through mailing lists and service e-mails and links. Please be aware that EG and the Company are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites to which you may have linked to or through the EG Web Site.
The Company may also collect non-personal data from visitors who browse the EG Web Site (often referred to as "clickstream" data), such as their IP address, the type of Web browsing software they are using, the web site they visited before linking to the EG Web Site and the Web site they visit after leaving the EG Web Site.
What cookies are and how they are used?
How your information is used?
The Company's primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you, the user, with a customized experience on the EG Web Site. By knowing a little about you, the Company is able to deliver more relevant services and content and hence better experience, to you.
You may also receive updates from EG and the Company via e-mail regarding your transactions with EG and promotional material about EG's and the Company's services and features if you have indicated in your preferences that you would like to receive them. You can change your account preferences at any time. How you can access, update, or delete your information?")
The Company does research on EG users' demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information provided to us upon registration, from our server log files, third party analytics tools or from surveys. We do this to better understand and serve our users. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. The Company may share this aggregated data with advertisers or business partners. With whom does the Company share my information?" for more information on how the Company discloses aggregate data.)
Who is collecting your information?
The Company stores your information on its own servers.
With whom your information may be shared?
The following describes some of the ways that your information may be disclosed.
The Company may disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective partners, advertisers, and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes. Some of our third party advertising partners may distribute cookies to you in advertisements that are provided to EG and the Company. EG and the Company have no access or control over these cookies. If you do not wish to allow your information to be shared, you can choose not to register with the EG Web Site.
We use analytics tools and other third party technologies, such as Google Analytics to collect non-personal information in the form of various usage and user metrics when you use our site. These tools and technologies collect and analyze certain types of information, including cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behavior and usage information, feature use metrics and statistics, usage and demographics, and other similar information.
What choices are available to you regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information?
EG and the Company may send you e-mails to let you know about its products and services. At any time you can elect to no longer receive such e-mails by contacting the Company. How you can access, update, or delete your information?" for more information on changing your account preferences.)
You also have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences using most web browsing software, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies you will be unable to use those EG services that require registration in order to participate.
How you can access, update, or delete your information?
You may edit your EG Web Site preferences by contacting us through e-mail. Some information that you provide to EG, such as survey responses and clickstream data, may not be accessible in your EG Web Site.
The kind of security precautions that are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information
A client's EG Web Site preferences are password-protected. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account. You agree to (a) immediately notify the Company of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. The Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these provisions. Remember to sign out of your EG Web Site account and close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, the Company cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we endeavor to maintain its security on our systems. By using the EG Web Site and the Internet in general, you may be subject to various risks, including among others eavesdropping, sniffing, spoofing, forgery, spamming, "imposturing", tampering, breaking passwords, harassment, fraud, electronic trespassing, hacking, system contamination including without limitation, viruses, worms, Trojan horses, causing unauthorized, damaging or harmful access and/or retrieval of information and data on your computer and other forms of activity that may be considered unlawful. Information (including registration information, passwords and content) received or delivered or intended to be made available on and through the EG Web Site may be subject to these and other security or privacy hazards or may not reach its destination or reach an erroneous address or recipient. The EG Web Site is not different than other applications in this respect. Without limitation of the foregoing, although we take seriously the security of all client accounts and other personal and non-personal information associated with our visitors and participants, due to the open communication nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that your account will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
Links and affiliates
How to contact us
This EG Web Site is offered and available to users who are 13 years of age or older. By using this EG Web Site, you represent and warrant that you meet the foregoing eligibility requirement. If you do not meet this requirement, you must not access or use the EG Web Site.
Use of Content
- You agree that you will not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, frame in another web page, use on any other web site, transfer or sell any pages, information, software, lists of users, databases or other lists, content, material, products or services provided through or obtained from the EG Web Site, or any portion thereof. You agree that you will not use the EG Web Site in any manner, which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the EG Web Site or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the EG Web Site. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the EG Web Site.
- Except with the written permission of the Company, you agree that you will not access or attempt to access password protected, secure or non-public areas of the EG Web Site. Unauthorized individuals attempting to access prohibited areas of the EG Web Site may be subject to prosecution.
- Except with the advanced, written permission of the Company, you agree that you will not create links from any web site or web page to any page within the EG Web Site with the exception, subject to the conditions of this section, of the EG Web Site homepage located at www.eurasiagroup.net (the "EG Web Site homepage"). The origin of any such link to the EG Web Site homepage must be accompanied by a clear and prominent attribution indicating that the link is connected to the EG Web Site. For example, prominently positioning the "eurasia group" name such that there is clear association between the name and the destination of the link is acceptable. However, you agree that you will not juxtapose the "eurasia group" name or link with your name or any other material(s) in a manner which might give rise to any erroneous conclusion that there is any affiliation or association between the Company, on the one hand, and you or any other person or entity, on the other hand. You agree that if the Company, in its sole and unfettered discretion, requests in writing that you remove any links to the EG Web Site, including without limitation the EG Web Site homepage, you will promptly do so. You agree that you will not employ any technology that results in the placement of content from the EG Web Site in a frame and/or a reduced browser window or pop-up window and/or any other display mechanism that changes the EG Web Site from how they would appear if a user accessed the EG Web Site by typing its URL into the location bar of a typical Web browser program.
- You agree that the Company may in its sole discretion and at any time terminate your access to and use of the EG Web Site, or any part thereof, with or without notice.
- Any use of the EG Website with your username and password will be deemed as being used by you. The Company is entitled to rely on the contact and other information that is supplied to us through your registration. Your registration is non-transferable and non-assignable.
- By using the EG Web Site or otherwise contacting the Company, you consent to receiving emails and/or telephone calls from the Company. You must always provide accurate, current and complete information to the Company when contacting the Company.
- The Company reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- By using the EG Web Site, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Company, its employees, directors, partners, affiliates, subsidiaries and suppliers from any and all claims or damage, including attorneys' fees, arising out of or related to: (1) Content you choose to submit, post or transmit through the EG Web site; (2) your use of or connection to the EG Web Site; (3) your violation of these Terms or Use; or (4) your violation of any rights of another.
For the avoidance of doubt, the trademarks, trade names and service marks (the "Marks") displayed on the EG Web Site are the property of the Company or other third parties. Users are not permitted to copy or otherwise use these Marks without the prior written consent of the Company or such third party which may own the Mark. The following list of Marks owned by the Company is not exhaustive, and the Company may own other Marks not included here: eurasia group, eurasiagroup.net, and “Defining the Business of Politics”.
You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our web pages or the content contained herein without our prior express written permission. You agree that you will not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the EG Web Site. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
As a condition of your use of the EG Web Site, you warrant to the Company that you will comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of our service and any related activities. In addition, you warrant that you will not use the EG Web Site in any way prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices.
The EG Web Site may contain links to web sites operated by parties other than the Company. Such hyperlinks are provided for reference only. The Company does not control such web sites and is not responsible for their contents. The Company's inclusion of hyperlinks to such web sites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such web sites or any association with their operators. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to the EG Web Site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE EG WEB SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE EG WEB SITE AND ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE EG WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. THE COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE, ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AND THOSE ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OR TRADE PRACTICE, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT SUCH DISCLAIMERS ARE HELD TO BE LEGALLY INVALID. THE COMPANY ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE TIMELINESS, DELETION, MIS-DELIVERY OR FAILURE TO STORE ANY USER COMMUNICATIONS OR PERSONALIZATION SETTINGS.
THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE EG WEB SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (II) THE EG WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (III) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE EG WEB SITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (IV) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE EG WEB SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, OR (V) ANY ERRORS IN THE EG WEB SITE WILL BE CORRECTED. THE COMPANY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY FAILURE, DELAY, DIFFICULTY IN USE, INACCURACY OF INFORMATION, COMPUTER VIRUSES, MALICIOUS CODE OR OTHER DEFECT IN THE EG WEB SITE, OR FOR THE INCOMPATIBILITY BETWEEN THE EG WEB SITE AND FILES AND THE USER'S BROWSER OR OTHER SITE ACCESSING PROGRAM. NOR WILL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY OTHER PROBLEMS EXPERIENCED BY THE USER DUE TO CAUSES BEYOND THE COMPANY'S CONTROL.
ANY MATERIAL VIEWED, DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE EG WEB SITE IS DONE SOLELY AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE VIEWING OR DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.