Eurasia Group’s Global Strategic Analysis team determines the implications of politics and policy on our clients’ businesses across a variety of sectors. We conduct research, and qualitative and quantitative analysis, to understand the effects of regulation and politics on business.
Our work falls into three general areas:
- Thematic: We research global thematic issues – such as the future of global trade and the WTO, the politicization of foreign direct investment, and the trend towards sustainability in business and investing – through the lens of how they affect our clients.
- Comparative: We work on projects that cut across regions, comparing countries on different political, policy and economic factors. We help clients identify and compare risks and opportunities in a variety of markets.
- Sectoral (financial services): Our team serves clients across a variety of industries, but we are doing more and more work for clients in financial services. We look at issues that affect banks, insurance companies, and payments providers – such as data localization, the rise of national champions in the financial space, and national payments systems.
We conduct bespoke research in the above categories for clients on issues that are important to them.
We are looking for a Senior Analyst to join our team. This team member must possess:
- Research acumen and business sense: We are generalists across countries and industries (though we are becoming more focused on financial services, as mentioned above). Candidates should possess a breadth of knowledge on political and business issues, and the ability to quickly find and process data – including from primary local sources – to build a point of view.
- Intellectual curiosity, creativity, and diligence: No two projects we complete are ever the same, but there are common factors and learnings we take from each one. Our team members must enjoy intellectual challenges, be thorough and meticulous in their work, and possess the mental flexibility to make connections and apply their knowledge to different situations.
- Professionalism, management skills, and a team-oriented mindset: Our clients – often senior executives at some of the largest global firms – rely on us for expertise and sound advice. Candidates should be self-possessed and have a confident, professional demeanor. They should be self-directed and able to manage multiple projects as well as oversee interns. Our team is small and has a very collaborative and collegial atmosphere, so members must be motivated by working towards a common goal and serving clients’ interests.
- 3-7 years of work experience (experience at a management consulting firm or other client service preferred)
- MBA/MPA/MPP/other advanced degree (Bachelor’s degree required), preferably focused on international affairs, politics, business, and/or economics
- Strong professional presentation skills – including speaking, writing, and PowerPoint
- Experience overseeing work performed by junior team members
Eurasia Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Perks of working at Eurasia Group:
- An amazing mission -- to help our clients capitalize on the opportunities and manage the risks created by the impact of politics on markets around the world.
- The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment.
- Flexible work environment, with contemporary offices located in New York (Flatiron), DC (DuPont Circle) and London (Clerkenwell).
- PTO bank of 23 days, 10 paid holidays and 2 summer Fridays.
- A strong belief in work-life balance.
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
- Rich benefits package – EG contributes 82-90% to medical and dental premiums, 100% employer-paid LTD, STD and life insurance, 401(k) plus fully vested employer match and pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Business casual dress code.
- Employee referral program that begins at $1000.