Eurasia Group is seeking researcher/associate for the firm’s Middle East and North Africa practice. The ideal candidate should have deep knowledge of the domestic politics, leadership, and policy issues in the Gulf region. An understanding of the interaction between politics and markets is desired.
In this role, you will analyze how political, security, economic, and geopolitical developments in the region affect the interests and global investors. You will have the ability to analyze specific economic sectors important to the region and pertinent structural reforms.
Our work environment is often fast-paced and very demanding. You must have an entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual rigor, and strong discipline. You must have excellent written and oral presentation skills in English and be comfortable presenting. Your research work will contribute to the MENA team’s written products and views on different countries in the region. Your work will include research on political stability, security affairs, economic policy, and regulations in the region.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Perks of working at Eurasia Group:
- 2-5 year experience in geopolitics, risk analysis, research, or similar fields.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in political science, business, economics, international affairs, or relevant field.
- Exceptional organizational skills, a strong sense of attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and be a self-starter.
- Fluency in Arabic is strongly preferred; Local experience in the region is preferred.
- An amazing mission -- to help our clients capitalize on the opportunities and manage the risks created by the impact of politics on markets around the world.
- The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment.
- Flexible work environment, with contemporary offices located in New York, DC, Singapore, Tokyo, Sao Paulo, and London.
- PTO bank of 23 days, 10 paid holidays and 2 summer Fridays.
- A strong belief in work-life balance.
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
- Rich benefits package – EG contributes 82-90% to medical and dental premiums, 100% employer-paid LTD, STD and life insurance, 401(k) plus fully vested employer match and pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Business casual dress code.
- Employee referral program that begins at $1000.