Eurasia Group, the leading global political risk research and consulting firm, is offering a unique opportunity to several recent undergraduates to gain hands-on training in the dynamic field of political risk analysis.
Each candidate chosen to be a Researcher in the Political Risk Training Program will work with one or more analysts in the regional or functional practice group at Eurasia Group that best matches his or her experience, interests, and language skills. The Researcher will provide research support, including basic primary and secondary source information-gathering for our analysts’ written products and client meetings, as well as general administrative assistance. The program will also include a formal training component, focusing on key issues in the preparation and presentation of political risk analysis.
This program provides full-time employment at Eurasia Group for one year, with the possibility of extending the contract for an additional year. The program does not guarantee full-time employment with the firm thereafter. The program will be run in the firm’s global offices. All candidates must have Brazil, US, Singapore or UK work authorization.
Candidates must have the following skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- a bachelor’s degree in political science, regional studies, or economics
- deep knowledge, in-country experience and foreign language fluency of the related country or sub-region (if applicable)
- a strong interest in the interaction between politics and financial markets
- ability to exercise independent judgment when evaluating relevant data that will contribute to the firm’s analytical products
- comfort working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that requires critical thinking, solid writing skills, and concise argumentation
Eurasia Group is looking for researchers in the following roles:
Perks of working at Eurasia Group:
- Europe: Degree in political science, political economy, economics, or European studies. Fluency in French/German is preferred. Location: London
- SE Asia: Degree in political science, political economy, economics, or Asian studies. Candidate should have a background in political economy or comparative politics. Fluency in Bahasa is required. Location: Singapore
- Latin America: Degree in political science, economics or Latin American studies required. Coursework in macroeconomics, fiscal policy and energy policy is a plus. Field experience preferable. Fluency in Spanish is required. Location: Washington
- China: Degree in political science, political economy, economics, or Asian studies. Field experience in China and fluency in Mandarin required. Location: Washington
- An amazing mission -- to help our clients capitalize on the opportunities and manage the risks created by the impact of politics on markets around the world.
- The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment.
- Flexible work environment, with contemporary offices located in New York (Flatiron), DC (DuPont Circle) and London (Clerkenwell), Tokyo (Marunouchi) and Sao Paulo (Faria Lima).
- PTO bank of 23 days, 10 paid holidays and 2 summer Fridays.
- A strong belief in work-life balance.
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
- Rich benefits package – The firm contributes 82-90% to medical and dental premiums, 100% employer-paid LTD, STD and life insurance, 401(k) plus fully vested employer match and pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Business casual dress code.
Eurasia Group is an equal opportunity employer.