The Broadcast Writer/Producer is responsible for both writing and producing content for GZERO Media, which involves embracing tight deadlines while also striving for new and creative approaches to both video and text-driven storytelling. The ideal candidate is a consummate professional with superior writing acumen, a keen eye for detail, and a sense of humor. The candidate can pivot from producing news-oriented interviews and field pieces to writing show monologues for a weekly public television broadcast focused on global affairs. The position is part of a team which produces a 1) weekly public affairs show on public television, 2) various digital video series, and 3) special events and projects as required. Our work is nonpartisan and unbiased, factual and accurate storytelling about the most pressing issues and people in global affairs.
This is a staff position with health/dental/401K. The candidate will report to the Head of Video.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writing show monologues for GZERO World with Ian Bremmer
- Producing videos that range from field pieces and features to newsmaker interviews. May also include short docuseries offerings, promotional sizzles, branded content, and special projects
- Serving as a producer of GZERO World with Ian Bremmer, a weekly, half-hour global affairs broadcast airing nationally on public television
- Writing, producing, and editing short news stories avoiding editorial bias.
- Pitching stories, interviews, and series ideas as a critical member of our editorial team.
Perks of working at GZERO Media:
- 10+ years as a Producer/Writer in television and/or digital video news outlets
- Journalistic writing experience, specifically with a focus on international affairs and policy
- Ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Highly organized and efficient
- Excellent communication skills
- Teamwork -- Must excel in working with teams across the organization as well as external partners
- This position will be based in New York, NY
- Be a part of an exciting, fast-growing media venture centered around the analysis and explanation of international politics
- The opportunity to work with a talented, entrepreneurial, and award-winning team in a stimulating environment
- PTO bank of 23 days, 10 paid holidays and 2 summer Fridays.
- A strong belief in work-life balance.
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
- Rich benefits package – The firm contributes 82-90% to medical and dental premiums, 100% employer-paid LTD, STD and life insurance, 401(k) plus fully vested employer match and pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Business casual dress code.
Eurasia Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.