GZERO Media is a digital media company dedicated to providing the public with intelligent and engaging coverage of global affairs. It was created in 2017 as a subsidiary of Eurasia Group, the world's leading political risk analysis firm.
GZERO Media is looking for a Head of Growth. This position is based in our NYC headquarters in the Flatiron district and reports to the CEO.
The ideal candidate is a natural leader and team player with sharp strategic skills who will define, coordinate and execute GZERO’s growth plan. You will lead the marketing team and work cross-functionally with sales and editorial to design and execute growth initiatives. The role requires expertise in email, social, SEO, SEM, Paid Social and more, along with an appetite for trying and evaluating new things. You are a hands-on manager ready to work in a highly collaborative environment.
You will have a strong desire to innovate and be excited to be a part of a new, growing enterprise. This role is client/partner facing with responsibility for maintaining relationships and fielding RFPs while also conceiving new revenue streams and pitches to take to market. You’ll be a key partner to the CEO, responsible for leveraging editorial, data, technology, partnerships and more to grow GZERO’s audience, brand and revenue funnel.
The Head of Growth will:
- Work with the CEO and key stakeholders across the company to develop the growth strategy and execute on the roadmap for GZERO Media’s growth.
- Build, manage, and mentor a team of growth marketing professionals.
- Oversee all efforts related to growth of GZERO’s audience and brand. That includes the website, email growth and retention, social media audience development, partnerships, special projects, and paid marketing.
- Oversee our data infrastructure and effectively use data and analytics to evolve and inform the direction of growth initiatives, and provide performance reporting to clients
- Be a partner in sales and client management through active contribution to proposals as well as management of performance tracking and client reporting
- Have authority and responsibility for the marketing budget
- Acquire and retain, at scale, a quality, engaged audience to achieve GZERO Media’s overall growth goals.
- Supervise brand management including creative assets, consistency, and style guide development
- Develop new and manage existing partnerships in support of audience and brand growth
- You are growth-minded and have analytical abilities
- You have a natural interest in global politics and current affairs from a non-ideological perspective
- You are conversant with data analysis and the best tools for retrieving, manipulating, and visualizing data
- You are fluent in the full spectrum of acquisition channels, including owned media, paid and earned media
- You have nine or more years of experience in a digital marketing or media environment with a proven track record of driving user growth to digital properties
- You have management experience, including prior budget authority.
Start date: ASAP with full benefits.
Perks of working at GZERO Media:
- Be a part of an exciting, fast-growing media venture centered around the analysis and explanation of international politics.
- The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment.
- Flexible work environment, with contemporary offices located in New York (Flatiron), DC (DuPont Circle) and London (Clerkenwell).
- PTO bank of 23 days, 10 paid holidays and 2 summer Fridays.
- A strong belief in work-life balance.
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
- Rich benefits package – The firm contributes 82-90% to medical and dental premiums, 100% employer-paid LTD, STD and life insurance, 401(k) plus fully vested employer match and pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Business casual dress code.
Eurasia Group is an equal opportunity employer.