Eurasia Group is looking to hire a video editor for GZERO Media, a Eurasia Group company, in our New York Headquarters. The core responsibility of this position will be to edit a weekly 20-30 minute digital video series on geopolitics, which also airs once a week on Public Television. The show will be hosted by Ian Bremmer featuring a combination of live and recorded video, mostly monologue and interview format. You will be creative and savvy about creating compelling, smart but not wonky content on global politics for digital and broadcast audiences. In addition to the show, you may also work on additional short content. You should have solid experience editing video content. Shooting experience is a plus. The applicant should be a voracious consumer of video content in its many forms and fluent in packaging and posting video content.
- Edit a weekly interview show for a weekly public television show
- Create quick-turn, daily/weekly video content for mobile, social and digital audiences
- Edit shows and related content for digital distribution.
- Utilize text, graphics, & 3rd party footage to build engaging segments
- Package and post digital content across all channels
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years professional experience editing digital and broadcast video
- Experience with Adobe Premiere and familiarity with After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Strong organizational skills with experience juggling multiple deadlines, quick turnarounds, and working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience pitching video ideas
- Intimate knowledge of social media and an ability to recognize and create things people will want to share
- To apply, submit a resume, reel and three relevant segments/clips.
Perks of working at GZERO Media:
- Be a part of an exciting, fast-growing media venture centered around the analysis and explanation of international politics.
- The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment.
- Flexible work environment, with contemporary offices located in New York (Flatiron), DC (DuPont Circle) and London (Clerkenwell).
- PTO bank of 23 days, 10 paid holidays and 2 summer Fridays.
- A strong belief in work-life balance.
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
- Rich benefits package – The firm contributes 82-90% to medical and dental premiums, 100% employer-paid LTD, STD and life insurance, 401(k) plus fully vested employer match and pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Business casual dress code.
GZERO Media is an equal opportunity employer.