GZERO Media is seeking a Digital Marketing Associate to support the efforts of our growing marketing team. This position is based in our NYC headquarters in the Flatiron district and reports to the CMO.
The digital marketing associate will be responsible for supporting GZERO’s marketing initiatives, digital platforms, and content marketing campaigns to develop new audiences, drive traffic, and support revenue initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be fluent in the digital landscape, social media platforms, digital video marketing, and be an overall rock star able to write compelling social copy about current affairs and synthesize data, metrics, and content performance. The marketing associate will also be involved in creating promotional content, managing the website and digital assets, supporting distribution channels, tracking budgets, analytics, and supporting paid and earned media opportunities.
The candidate should have a strong background in digital marketing and experience with a variety of web analytics tools and applications.
GZERO Media is a company dedicated to providing the public with intelligent and engaging coverage of global affairs. It was created in 2017 as a subsidiary of Eurasia Group, the world’s leading political risk analysis firm. Our coverage takes many forms – print, digital media and broadcast television. Find us at gzeromedia.com.
Marketing Associate Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or statistics or relevant field preferred
- 2 years’ previous experience as a marketing associate, marketing assistant, or related position, ideally in a media environment
- Experience with SEO/SEM campaigns and digital tools
- Superior computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite; fluency with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube; and hands-on experience with Google Analytics and Sprout Social (or comparable platform)
- Creative / design background and experience in Adobe suite a plus
- Up-to-date on latest industry trends; ability to articulate digital trends and potential clearly and confidently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of the greater media landscape and our position in the market
- Highly organized, acute attention to detail and a forward planner
- Comfortable multitasking and juggling a variety of campaigns at one time
- A passion for geopolitics and current events is a must
Perks of working at GZERO Media
- Be a part of an exciting, fast-growing media venture centered around the analysis and explanation of international politics.
- The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment.
- Flexible work environment, with contemporary offices located in New York (Flatiron), DC (DuPont Circle) and London (Clerkenwell).
- PTO bank of 23 days, 10 paid holidays and 2 summer Fridays.
- A strong belief in work-life balance.
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
- Rich benefits package – The firm contributes 82-90% to medical and dental premiums, 100% employer-paid LTD, STD and life insurance, 401(k) plus fully vested employer match and pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Business casual dress code.
Start date: ASAP with full benefits.