The Asia practice group provides expert research and analysis on the political, economic, social, and security forces that shape events in South, Southeast, and Northeast Asia. Our analysts have a rich body of skills, resources, and experiences that can be leveraged across a wide range of client interests. They stay in close contact with on-the-ground sources, conduct frequent research trips throughout Asia, and observe policy developments in Washington that affect the region.
In close collaboration with our Global Energy & Natural Resources and Comparative Analytics practice groups, our Asia analysts also assess the impact of increasing energy demand and power shortages in this strategically pivotal region. They have wide-ranging local language skills, and extensive experience living and working in Asia. Clients include some of the biggest multinationals and leading companies in Singapore, Tokyo, and Hong Kong.
Coverage of Asia includes:
- » factional politics in China;
- » the role of the US in Asia;
- » coalition dynamics in India;
- » politics and energy policy in Japan;
- » the geopolitical dimensions to the rise of China and India;
- » elections across the region;
- » policy developments relevant to growth management in China;
- » infrastructure development in India;
- » corporate reform in South Korea; and
- » natural resource management in Indonesia and Mongolia.